We are the Paediatric Cystic Fibrosis Team. We are committed to providing high quality, evidence based, equitable patient and family centred care. We are a passionate and cohesive multidisciplinary team who strive to enable our patients to achieve the best possible outcome and quality of life
Our service provides care for children and young people across Leicestershire and North Northamptonshire. We also accept referrals for children and young people living in nearby counties who wish to be treated by our team.
We are a multidisciplinary team consisting of Specialist Doctors, Specialist Nurses, Specialist Physiotherapists, Specialist Dietician, Specialist Pharmacist, Respiratory Physiologists and Psychology. We are based at the Leicester Royal Infirmary where we have clinics, in-patient admissions and outreach into patient’s homes and schools.
The CF team takes this risk very seriously. This is why children stay in one room where different team members come to see them in clinic. In addition, children known to have particular bugs attend clinics at different times. All professionals wear aprons and gloves to see all of the child with CF that attend clinic and during an inpatient admission.
To help us minimise the risks of cross-infection, please:
• Bring some toys, books or electronics to keep your child occupied during clinic visits. However, we usually provide some toys or drawing materials in each room. These are replaced or thoroughly cleaned between patients.
• Use hand gel when entering and leaving the clinic area.
• Arrive on time, but not too early. If the room is not ready when you arrive, we may ask you to 'go for a coffee’ and return later.
• Once reception staff have told you the clinic room number, please go straight there.
• Use hand gel when entering and leaving your clinic room.
• Stay in your clinic room except when instructed by staff, or when leaving.
• Leave promptly when your consultations are finished.