Welcome to the University of Leicester’s Research Governance page.
The University of Leicester Research Governance Office is part of the Research and Enterprise Division at the University. We are based in the academic offices at the Leicester General Hospital and operate as part of the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust and the University of Leicester joint research office.
The team currently consists of:
• Cat Taylor – Head of Research Governance
• Yasmin Godhania – Research Governance Advisor
• Claire Fitzpatrick – Research Governance Advisor
• Corinne Allston-Reeve – Research Governance Coordinator
• Kyla Harrington – Clinical Trial Governance Manager
• Teresa McNally – Clinical Trial Monitor
• Baldeep Mann – Clinical Trial Monitor
• Amanda Sutcliffe – Human Tissue Act Monitor
• Shaun Monkman – Research Ethics and Integrity Manager (University of Leicester Ethics)
The team manage all NHS research that is sponsored by the University, and should be the first port of call for all enquiries of this nature. We can offer advice on and will work with you to ensure a smooth passage through the application and approval processes. We will also manage the post award governance requirements for all University sponsored NHS research, offering support and guidance for the duration of your study.
Further information and guidance on all University research governance and sponsor processes can be found here.