The involvement of volunteers within our hospitals makes a huge difference to our patients and their families. Volunteering is a rewarding and positive experience that enables people to use their skills and knowledge as volunteers to help others. Many volunteers are motivated by experiences that they themselves or members of their family have had within the trust.
Other volunteers are seeking volunteering experience to help improve their skills and knowledge for the future.
We recruit volunteers to the areas of greatest need and regularly open and close recruitment to specific roles to manage applications.
Please read all of the information about volunteering and keep watching the site for applications for your area of interest to open up.
What can volunteering offer you?
- A great experience
- A chance to meet new people
- An opportunity to make a real difference to patients
- The chance to gain new skills and knowledge
- A way to keep fit and active
- A reference
What do we need from our volunteers?
- A willingness to help
- Good understanding of the role
- Caring kindness and empathy
- Good communication/People skills